The 8.5 mm endoscope uses a three-piece system concept (endoscope, adapter and camera). The 8.5 mm endoscope is compatible with the High Definition cameras, illuminators and light guides provided with the da Vinci Si Surgical System. The 8.5 mm endoscope is available in straight (0°) and angled (30°) tip configurations. Special considerations for the 8.5 mm endoscope include:
• While the system is docked, the 8.5 mm endoscope requires use of the 8.5 mm
Endoscope Cannula or a validated third-party endoscope cannula. Refer to the list of
Validated 3rd Party Products for da Vinci® Surgical Systems (PN 871770).
• The 8.5 mm endoscope requires use of the 8.5 mm Alignment Target.
• The 8.5 mm endoscope is approximately 90 mm shorter than the 12 mm endoscope.
• The 8.5 mm endoscope tip is not heated.
• The 8.5 mm endoscope is more flexible than the 12 mm endoscope. Therefore, special care in the setup and handling of the 8.5 mm endoscope is required.
• To prevent damage during reprocessing, we strongly recommend you place the
endoscope in a properly designed sterilization tray or case, like those we identify in the
list of Suggested 3rd Party Products for da Vinci® Surgical Systems (PN 871771)
• The 8.5 mm endoscope has lower resolution and less brightness than the 12 mm