Pointer, Rotational Curved, Pointer Straight, and Ortho Grip Knee Pointer are intended for use with the Stryker navigation system – Hip Modules. The Ortho Grip Knee Pointer and the Pointer Straight are also intended for use with the Knee Modules. All these pointers are used to indicate the spatial relationship between the patient and the pointer. The instrument’s position, as it relates to the patient anatomy, is displayed on the monitor. Moreover, the pointers may be used to control the navigation system software and, in addition, to validate an instrument with mounted Instrument Tracker REF 6007-008-000 or Patient Tracker, Blue, REF 6007-010-000.
Function and Features
SELECT Button (A)
• Press to initialize the pointer.
• After initialization, press to select software interface functions displayed on the navigation system monitor.
• After initialization, turn clockwise to move forward through the software or highlight an item below, in a list of menu selectable items.
• After initialization, turn counterclockwise to move backward through the software or highlight an item above, in a list of menu selectable items.
Validation Disks (E)
• Used as reference points, touch the disk cross hairs with the instrument tip to validate the instrument.
Green Status Light (D)
• During instrument initialization, the light flashes rapidly.
• During normal operation, the light flashes every few seconds.
• If instrument power is low, the light illuminates continuously. Replace the battery.
Battery Holder (G)
Infrared LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) (F),
Transmit LED (B) and Receiver (C)
• Emit and receive infrared light signals that are used to provide a wireless communication link to the Navigation System camera.