UPS Location Warnings
• Use caution when lifting your UPS. Because of the considerable weight of all rack-mount UPS systems, at least two people should assist in lifting and installing them.
• Install your UPS indoors, away from excess moisture or heat, dust or direct sunlight.
• For best performance, the ambient temperature near your UPS should be between 0°C and 40° C (between 32° F and 104° F).
• Leave adequate space around all sides of the UPS for proper ventilation. Do not obstruct its vents or fan openings.
UPS Connection Warnings
• The UPS contains its own energy source (battery). The output terminals may be live even when the UPS is not connected to an AC supply.
• Connect your UPS to a properly grounded AC power outlet. Do not modify the UPS’s plug in a way that would eliminate the UPS’s connection to ground. Do not use adapters that eliminate the UPS’s connection to ground.
• Do not plug your UPS into itself; this will damage the UPS and void your warranty.
• If you are connecting your UPS to a motor-powered AC generator, the generator must provide filtered, frequency-regulated, computer-grade output.
Equipment Connection Warnings
• Use of this equipment in life support applications where failure of this equipment can reasonably be expected to cause the failure of the life support equipment or to significantly affect its safety or effectiveness is not recommended.
• Do not connect surge suppressors or extension cords to the output of your UPS. This might overload the UPS and will void the surge suppressor and UPS warranties.
• Batteries can present a risk of electrical shock and burn from high short-circuit current. Observe proper precautions. Do not dispose of the batteries in a fire. Do not open the UPS or batteries. Do not short or bridge the battery terminals with any object. Unplug and turn off the UPS before performing battery replacement. Use tools with insulated handles. There are no user-serviceable parts inside the UPS. Battery replacement should be performed only by authorized service personnel using the same number and type of batteries (sealed Lead-Acid). The batteries are recyclable. Refer to your local codes for disposal requirements or in the USA only call 1-800-SAV-LEAD or 1-800-8-BATTERY (1-800-8-228-8379) or visit www.call2recycle.org for recycling information. Tripp Lite offers a complete line of UPS System Replacement Battery Cartridges (R.B.C.). Visit Tripp Lite on the Web at tripplite.com to locate the specific replacement battery for your UPS.
• During hot-swap battery replacement, the UPS will not provide backup power in the event of a blackout or other power interruptions.
• Do not operate UPS without batteries.
• When adding external battery packs to select models with external battery pack connectors, connect only Tripp Lite-recommended battery packs of the correct voltage and type. Do not connect or disconnect battery packs when the UPS is operating on battery power.